[0.0.005] The first public release

Where you can find the latest Atlas updates and news.
Autus
Site Admin

[0.0.005] The first public release

Post by Autus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Before I say anything else, let me be absolutely clear: this is a proof-of-concept, nothing more.

I've spent the past week putting together a rough build to showcase all of what I'm wanting Atlas to handle. Honestly, I didn't expect it to take me that long, but it did. So, here's what we're looking at.

First off, this is a variable-width game design. With Pox, the GUI is a fixed width because it doesn't look right otherwise. I chose to make Atlas a bit more flexible. The default setting is 1280x720, but if you've got a higher resolution monitor, it'll scale to fit the window.

Atlas will feature a lot of RPG systems (since that's what I wanted from the get-go). Right now, the game sports a map system, a conditional data system (for when you arrive at a select set of coordinates), and a quest system (which I'll most likely completely re-do).

Oh, and Holly is clearly not based on somebody in real life. Clearly.

Code: Select all

- Map System added. Once enabled in-game, every location will feature it's own map.
- Added conditional checks for player coordinates so that relevant information is displayed. For right now it's all placeholders as I haven't gotten any further with it, but at least it works.
- Map icons created. These most likely won't last, but for now they serve their purpose.
- A crap-ton of metadata saving/loading scripts so that all of the information can be recalled whenever you load up a save.